The purpose of Energy Savings Assessments is to identify immediate opportunities to save energy and to reduce cost, by focusing on key systems: lighting, compressed air, steam, process heating, fan, drives, and pumping systems. These processes consume most of the energy used by U.S. industry. Fine-tuning of these systems may cost little but offers your company the potential to yield large savings. Quick successes with optimizing these systems can lead to significant long-term savings if the approach is spread throughout your company’s plants.
- Pre-Assessment Information Gathering
- Pre-Assessment Analysis
- On-Site Assessment
- Post Assessment
One Day On-Site Assessment
- Q & A
- Plant Tour
- Meeting room debriefing
- Review notes and brainstorm (Lunch)
- Refine List of opportunities to be investigated
- Data Gathering
- Exit Interview
- Conduct engineering and financial analysis
- Deliver an IAC Report
- Executive Summary including summary of Recommendations
- Plant Description
- Process Description
- Resource Charts and Tables
- Major Energy Consuming Equipment
- Best Practices
- Description of Individual Energy Saving Recommendations
- The identity of each participating plant is not reported to the Department of Energy–only the summary data.
- Assessment reports are stored in an Industrial Assessment Center Database managed by the IAC Field Manager at the Rutgers University. No company names are shown in any public accessible documents without the company’s consent.
Client Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for an IAC assessment, a manufacturing plant needs to meet these criteria:
- Within Standard Industrial Codes defined by OSHA Standards.
- Within 150 miles of a host campus IUPUI
- Gross annual sales below $100 million.
- Fewer than 500 employees at the plant site.
- Annual energy bills more than $100,000 and less than $2.5 million.
- No professional in-house staff to perform the assessment.
Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the center at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your company meets the criteria and is interested in being a client, please submit the IAC On-Line Application Form.
Other services include advice on cybersecurity awareness, ISO50001, smart manufacturing, and water efficiency.